Microsoft VDI 從無到有安裝教學影片
VDI 建置筆記, 先記著還沒時間整理
1. Add an OU to Active Directory for VDI VMs Join Domain
If the OU is created after Server Manager Launched, you need to close Server Manager and restart it again to see the OU
2. Remote Desktop Services -> Overview -> Deployment Overview -> Drag down [Task] -> Edit Deployment Properties
-> Active Directory -> Select the organization unit -> Select the OU create at the last step -> Apply
3. Remote Desktop Services -> Overview -> Deployment Overview -> Drag down [Task] -> Edit Deployment Properties
-> Export Location -> Provide the network share [\\[ServerName]\RDVirtualDesktopTemplate] with appropreate permissions
Cannot use $ to hide the network share, but with appropreate permissions, nothing to worry
Share Permission: NETWORK SERVICE / Administrators / RDS Endpoint Servers (Add all RDS Servers to this local group)
NTFS Permission: Default permissions and ADD RDS Endpoint Servers (Add all RDS Servers to this local group)
4. Before Create Virtual Desktop Collection, make sure the template's network setting relay to the right vSwitch.
In the other hand, make sure that from the vm your Active directory is reachable or you will stuck in [In progress] when create the first VM.
Also, check all vm setting to insure everying thing will go well.
5. Store Virtual Desktops on RDVH's DAS is recommanded
6. Create User Profiles network share with same permission as [Export Location] (or only RDCB Servers will do? need to test)
Might not use $ to hide the network share, but with appropreate permissions, nothing to worry
*. User Profile Path cannot be shared between collections. Each collection must set different user profile path!
7. A new Virtual Desktop Host Server must be rebooted and connect to AD and RDCB for stand as a member to the VDI Infrastructure.
Otherwise it is unable to retrieve the details of the virtual desktop collection or any further action.
8. If the Dashboard show nothing to use, reboot the RDCB and wait all services to start automatically
9. If it shows
Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons:
1) Remote access to the server if not enabled
2) The remote computer is turned off
3) The remote computer is not available on the network
Make sure the remote computer is turned on and connected to the network, and that remote access is enabled.
reboot the RDCB and wait all services to start automatically
10. If it shows "The connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote login" may because the collection isn't ready,
check add virtual desktop status.
11. VM cound be saved for saving resource, user will redirect to the same VM when back
Enabling the RD WebAccess Expired password reset option in Windows Server 2012
Remove the RD Web Access Option "Connect to a remote PC"